Thursday, August 21, 2008

puting down roots

I've decided I'm in Vermont to stay. I should have a new, more permanent farm home here in southern Vermont in a few days.

While in Nova Scotia I found myself getting homesick after a week on the road. Strange. Over the last few years I've spent so much time traveling that I'd begun to feel at home only when I was in a new place. But the funny thing was that I wasn't homesick for Minnesota, but for Vermont. I took that as evidence that I should put down some roots in the Green Mountains.

I believe its the most progressive rural area in the country, and a place I could see myself raising a family and making a difference. I've met fantastic folks to work with, and feel a part of a strong and vibrant community.

It feels like home here. Come visit anytime.

2 comments:

Jaina said...

Um, you do realize that this means I will escape to your farm whenever I get sick of the hustle and bustle of Bridgeport, right?

bearways said...

a risk I'm willing to take!